Sunday, March 15, 2009

I just wanted to whisper . . .

I just wanted to whisper,
Sitting next to a camping fire,
In no man’s land so far away,
With only you and me to talk,
Looking at the stars in the sky,
Drinking tea just you and I made,
On a cold - cold joyful night,
How deeply I’m in love with you...

And I wanted to tell you,
Walking in a sandy beach,
Looking at the dusk light hiding out,
Behind the waves of great blue sea,
Feeling the cold of the evening breeze,
Looking at your smile that warm my heart,
Moving my fingers through your hair,
How madly I’m in love with you...

And I wanted to ask you,
Just after a candle light dinner,
Listening to an old love song,
Enjoying the dessert and smiling alone,
Looking in your eyes I fell in love,
Taking your hand and smiling again,
Gathering my words,
getting lost in thoughts,
My darling would you be mine for ever...?

But now my darling I just wonder,
Counting the stars in the sleepless nights,
With an aching heart that feel so heavy,
Looking at the flowers and listening to birds,
Closing my eyes and drawing your smile,
Listening to the cries of country songs,
Smiling alone with memories of gold,
How many lives before I win your love . . . ?

No comments:

Post a Comment